Eid Recipe Collections
Islamic Cooking Tips
- Have wudhu whilst cooking.
- Keep your hair covered.
- Say BISMILLAH when beginning.
- Recite dhikr & durood.
- Do not waste , Allah hates israaf.
- Have your servants partake of the same fresh food.
- Say Alhamdulillah upon completing.
Cake Baking Tips
- Butter should be soft and sugar should be added a little at a time and beaten well or else you will get a speckled crust.
- Eggs should be added on at a time and after each addition, beat well. If the wrong proportions of raising agents, butter or liquids are used, it can cause a cake to sink in the centre.
- Grease the cake tin well before putting in batter to avoid baked cake from sticking to the pan.
- To grease pans use wax wraps or grease proof paper, coat well with oil, ghee, butter or margarine.
- Dust with flour. Alternatively you could spray the pan with non-stick spray.
- After the cake is baked do not leave it I the pan for too long as it can get stuck.
- When milk is called for in a recipe omit 2tbsp milk and add 2 tbsp. water as it makes a lighter cake.