Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 onion (sliced)
3 tablespoon butter
500g chicken fillet (medium cubes)
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon garlic paste
½ - 1 teaspoon ground green chillies
250g mushrooms (sliced)
1-2 green pepper (julienned)
3 tablespoon maizena (corn flour)
2 ½ cups milk
½ cup water mixed with 2 teaspoon chicken stock powder
1. In a pan on a medium heat, add butter and cook the onions until soft and translucent.
2. Add chicken, chillies, spices and garlic. Cook till sealed.
3. Add julienned pepper and sliced mushrooms and braise for about 5 minutes.
4. Mix the milk and maizena (corn flour). Mix in chicken stock water.
5. Add to pan, and simmer on low for 20-30min, stirring inbetween until thickened and creamy.
6. Check seasoning.
7. Serve with basmati rice/ on bruchetta/ on pastry shells or even with pasta.
8. If you'd like it creamier may add fresh cream.