1 large cucumber (grated & water squeezed out)
2 carrots (peeled & grated)
1 onion (sliced)
1 cup cake flour
1⁄4 cup mielie meal
1⁄2 cup chana (gram) flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder
1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
2 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon green chilli garlic paste
Water (as needed to make batter)
1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Add water as needed to make a dropping consistency batter, must not be runny.
3. Heat a pan with 2 tablespoon oil. Will have to keep adding a little oil as frying to get that golden crisp finish.
4. Drop a tablespoon of batter into pan with and fry on one side till it starts to bubble.
5. Turn over and fry the other side.
Note: Most recipes have Soumph (Fennel) and rice flour. I do not use those.
Whilst the one side is frying I sprinkle a little colored sesame seeds on the raw side, then flip over when ready and fry. Makes it prettier 😉