Recipe credit: Ruhana Ebrahim
Picture credit: @mama_taught_me_well
1kg chicken pieces/ fillets
1 large onion (sliced)
2 piece tajj (cinnamon stick)
2 elachie (cardamom) pods
Saffron strands + essence
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1 teaspoon rough salt
1 teaspoon red ginger garlic masala
2 tomatoes (liquidized)
Pinch orange powder colouring
125-250ml fresh cream
Fresh dhania (coriander) (coriander- chopped)
1. Braise onions with a little ghee (Clarified butter), tajj and elachie until golden.
2. Add in spices and masala. Braise until fragrant.
3. Add in washed chicken and coat well with spices.
4. Allow to cook until no liquid remains, then add in tomatoes.
5. Cook until tomato is halfway reduced. Add in fresh cream, lemon juice, saffron, food colouring and allow to cook till gravy has thickened.
6. When done add in dhania (coriander).