A fragrant and delicious vegetarian dish that compliments any Indian meal.
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 onion thinly sliced
2 garlic clove crushed
1 fresh red chilli *according to taste thinly sliced
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
½ teaspoon ground coriander
2 teaspoon curry powder
1 cauliflower medium broken into florets
500g potato cubed
¾ cup water
⅓ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
2 cup frozen peas
1 tablespoon fresh coriander
1. Dry fry mustard in non-stick pan until they pop.
2. Add the onions, garlic and cumin seeds and a little water until softened.
3. Add the cauliflower and potatoes and cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle in the ground coriander, turmeric and chili. Mix well.
5. Add the rest of the water and yoghurt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, partly cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
6. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
INFO / TIPS / CREDITS
Notes: The curry powder is optional. I use it if I'm making the dish for a main course and use Garam Masala if I'm using it for an accompaniment. Garam Masala has a milder flavor.