Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
Store bought meringues
1 punnet Strawberries
1 tub Lancewood mascarpone cheese
250ml Fresh cream
Icing sugar (to taste)
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1 vanilla loaf cake
1. Chop half of strawberries into small cubes, place in a bowl with 1 tablespoon sugar and ¼ cup water and leave in fridge overnight.
2. Slice remainder of strawberries.
3. Roughly crush meringues and leave aside. Leave some whole for garnish.
4. Chop cake into small cubes.
5. Beat cream with icing sugar till stiff peaks form.
6. Beat mascarpone till smooth with vanilla and icing sugar.
7. Gently fold whipped cream into mascarpone. Spoon into piping bag.
8. Spoon in dessert bowls/ glasses cake. Then pipe on mascarpone cream, then sprinkle crushed meringues and spoon on chopped strawberries with "syrup".
9. Repeat layers ending with strawberries.
10. Garnish with a meringue and place in fridge. Serve chilled.