Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 cup solid ghee (Clarified butter),
¾ cup castor sugar,
2 tablespoon oil,
½ teaspoon Elachi (cardomom) powder,
½ teaspoon nutmeg powder,
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda,
½ cup chana flour,
+/- 2 ¼ cups cake flour.
1. Mix ingredients together in order given, mixing with hands after each addittion.
2. Form a soft dough. Grease baking sheets.
3. Roll into small rounds and flatten the top slightly.
4. Make 2 slits on the top of round and place almond slivers or crushed almond nibs on top.
5. Bake in preheated oven of 160 degrees for +/-15 minutes.
6. When golden and cracked, remove and cool. Be gentle when removing from baking sheet as it is soft.
7. When bitten the naan kathai should easily crumble aswell as melt in your mouth.