Rec cred: old indian delights
Pic cred: ruhana ebrahim,
2 cups grated carrots
Good pinch saffron threads
2 liters milk
1 cup ghee (Clarified butter)
2 tablespoon semolina
155g (small tin) nestle dessert cream
1⁄4 cup ordinary sugar (or more to taste)
1 teaspoon Elachi (cardomom) powder
397g tin condensed milk
2 tablespoon badaam powder
1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
3 tablespoon slivered badaam/pistachios
1. On a low heat, boil carrots and milk, stirring continuously so milk does not scorch at bottom of pot.
2. When it has thickened and turned mushy, leave aside.
3. In a separate pot, heat ghee (Clarified butter).
4. Add semolina and braise till golden.
5. Add in carrots and mix in well.
6. Add saffron, condensed milk, cream, badaam, coconut, Elachi (cardomom) and sugar to taste.
7. Mix in vigorously, becareful halwa does not scorch.
8. When ghee (Clarified butter) rises to surface and halwa fluffs up, remove from heat.
9. Serve hot with slivered badaam/pistas over.
10. May serve with additional dessert cream.