Rec cred: Hajira Ebrahim (aunt)
3 cups chana flour
½ cup cake flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoon soft ghee (Clarified butter)
Cold water (as needed)
3 cups water
4 cups sugar
Few strands saffron
1 tablespoon egg yellow colouring
1 tablespoon jelly red colouring
Rose water (to taste)
1 teaspoon elachie powder
2 tablespoon desiccated coconut (optional)
Coloured badaam nibs
1. Rub ghee (Clarified butter) into dry ingredients.
2. Make a thin batter with water as needed.
3. Push batter through a colander into oil.
4. Fry in deep oil on medium heat.
5. Boil syrup, it must be thickened but not sticky.
6. When syrup is ready, pour over the fried batter (bhoondies) and knead well.
6. Allow to soak 2-3 hours or overnight.
7. Add elachie & coconut.
8. Roll into balls.
9. Place on badaam.
10. Store in fridge.