Spinach Cheese & Corn Pies
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 large onion (finely sliced)
2 large bunches spinach leaves (washed, chopped fine)
1 teaspoon salt,
1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper,
1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper,
1 tablespoon green garlic masala,
1 tablespoon lemon juice,
250ml fresh cream,
Pinch nutmeg powder,
1 tub feta cheese (small cubes)
1 cup grated gouda cheese
1 cup frozen corn (steamed)
1. Braise onion in oil till lightly golden.
2. Add spices, chillies, lemon & spinach.
3. Wilt spinach, then add cream and cook down till cream thickens.
4. Allow to cool, then add cheeses & corn.
5. Roll pie pastry on floured surface.
6. Cut rounds for top & bottom.
7. Place 1 round into foil cups, then spoon in cooled filling.
8. Close with another round, and seal close with a fork.
9. Poke 2 holes with a knife onto middle of pastry.
10. Brush with beaten egg & sprinkle poppy seeds.
11. Freeze pies in airtight containers.
12. Bake in preheated oven at 180degC till golden & puffed.
Note: May add cooked salt & pepper chicken fillet cubes to filling.