Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 x 30 large sheets springroll pastry
6-8 eggs (beaten)
2.5kg mutton mince
3 large onions (grated, water squeezed out)
3 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
1 heaped teaspoon whole jeeroo
2 tablespoon red ginger garlic masala
2 teaspoon chilli powder
2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder
1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
½ bunch fresh dhania (coriander) (finely chopped)
1. Heat ghee (Clarified butter) in pot and add jeeroo.
2. When jeeroo sizzles add mince, chillies and spices.
3. As is cooking keep breaking up with a spoon so mince does not lump up, until mince almost fully cooked.
4. Then add in onions and keep mashing further till mince resembles crumby texture and all water burnt out.
5. Once cooked and properly cooled add chopped dhania (coriander).
6. Brush one sheet with egg.
7. Spoon on mince.
8. Place another sheet over, pressing the sides closed.
9. Firmly roll into swiss roll.
10. Brush another sheet with egg, and roll this around the swiss roll. Thus using 3 sheets per roll.
11. Proceed till all rolls are formed.
12. Leave in fridge to chill and firm up.
13. Slice 1 finger thick slices with a sharp serrated knife.
14. Freezer suitable now.
15. Dip in beaten egg before shallow frying till golden brown.
Note: I dip in beaten egg & fine breadcrumbs before freezing. The crumbs reduces the oil seeping into the pinwheel.
Makes 10 rolls, I.e. +/- 8dzn slices