Strawberry Mascarpone Tarts
Recipe cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
250g cake flour,
60g maizena (corn flour),
100g icing sugar,
200g butter (cubed),
1 egg yolk,
Ice water (+/- 40ml).
1 tub mascarpone cheese
250ml fresh cream
Icing sugar to taste
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 box Simply Delish strawberry jelly
Water amount to be halved as stated on box.
Strawberries, washed and sliced in angle so you may fan them out.
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
2. Sift the flour, salt, sugar and maizena (corn flour).
3. Place in the food processor and process for 30 seconds.
4. Add butter and pulse till resembles crumbs.
5. With motor running, add egg yolk and iced water, just enough for dough to come together. Break into 4 equal pieces.
6. Lightly flour a surface and roll the dough pieces into flat disc shapes.
7. Cling wrap the doughs and refrigerate until just firm.
8. Roll pastry between 2 sheets of wax wrap till 2mm thick.
9. Spray and cook tart shells and line with pastry dough.
10. Trim the edges to fit the tin and refrigerate again until firm.
11. Line the tart base with baking paper and baking beans/rice. Blind bake for 15 minutes until firm around the edge.
12. Remove beans and paper and bake for another 5-10 minutes until pastry is set.
13. Remove from oven and set aside till cooled and firm.
14. Whip fresh cream until stiff.
15. Beat mascarpone and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped cream and icing sugar to taste.
16. Spoon into shells.
17. Make jelly and set in fridge. Cut into discs and place ontop of filling.
18. Garnish with strawberries and drizzled chocolate.