3 x large pieces of chicken fillets – cut into thin, short strips OR use 600g shelled prawns
1 x onion chopped roughly
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 big cup peppers – I like red, yellow and green but whichever you have
Chilli paste – to your preference, I added 1 tablespoon of red chilli paste and green
1 large Fresh Chilli and 2 jalapeno peppers (can omit)
1 packet mushrooms
2 x Carrots Julienne
1 cup corn
Light Soy Sauce –about half cup
Worchestor sauce - 2 tablespoon
2 minute Noodles 3 pkts or use egg noodles for an authentic taste
Half a cup of chopped cashews/ almond
Chopped shallots / dhania (coriander) for garnish
2 teaspoon crushed chillis (the dry kind)
Half teaspoon each black pepper / Lemmon pepper / Aromat (a South African Spice) /origanum / mixed herbs/ garlic flakes
6 tablespoon sweet chilli
2 tablespoon apricot jam
2 tablespoon chilli garlic
4 tablespoon normal chilli sauce
3 tablespoon Woolworths easy to wok Thai coconut stir fry sauce. (I have never used this, but look for a suitable substitute preferably red in colour)
1. In a wok or a deep frying pan, add the oil, throw in the garlic and the onions and wait for the onions to brown a bit.
2, Add in the fresh chilli you cut up and mix it with onions and garlic.
3. Add veggies
4. After few minutes, Add in the chicken strips. Then continue to stir all the ingredients above and add in the crushed chillies and pepper.
5. Add in the soya sauce.
6. In a separate pot cook the noodles as instructed on the pack. When the time is up, drain and add immediately to the wok and stir in amongst the other ingredients.
7. Add in the peppers and Continue to stir all the ingredients so that all the ingredients are covered in soy sauce.
8. Let the noodles mix with the chicken and cook on low for a few minutes and then serve immediately!
9. Top with chopped cashews and spring onion.
INFO / TIPS / CREDITS
Inspired by the a speciality dish from Simply Asia (Asian food outlet in South Africa)
Recipe from Whatsapp Recipes group