250 g softened butter
1 ½ cups castor sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
6 large eggs at room temperature
4 cups flour
4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup full cream milk
4 freshly mashed bananas together with 2 tablespoon lemon juice to preserve & prevent darkening & also enhance the flavour of the bananas.
1 teaspoon grated lemon / orange rind
½ cup chopped pecan OR almond nuts (keep 2 tablespoon aside for sprinkling)
1. Prepare two long bread loaf tins with spray & cook.
2. Heat oven to 175c.
3. Beat butter, sugar & vanilla essence with an electric mixer until creamy & fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time & continue to beat in well.
5. Add mashed preserved bananas & beat in well.
6. Gradually add in flour whilst equally adding a little bit of milk at a time until fully combined into a thick creamy batter.
7. Lastly add the chopped nuts & leave some for decorating.
8. Carefully pour into greased loaf tins, sprinkle with chopped nut & rind & then bake at 175c for 30 minutes or until fluffy & golden brown.
9. Glaze with 2 tablespoon melted honey.
INFO / TIPS / CREDITS
No.1 rule for a good banana loaf is to use fresh bananas, not only when it’s ripe to do so. Ripe bananas turn brown easily & doesn’t look to pleasing to the eye!
Please your guests with this wonderfully easy & delicious cake. You will have your guests going crazy for more!