125g softened butter/marg
3 eggs, room temperature
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 cups flour
½ cup full cream milk
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup dried sultanas
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup chopped pecans (or any mixed nuts of your choice)
¼ cup chopped glazed green/red cherries.
1. Heat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Prepare two loaf tins.
3. Using an electric beater, cream butter/margarine well together with sugar & vanilla essence.
4. Gradually add eggs one at a time until combined.
5. Gradually add flour together with milk until combined & a thick sticky batter forms.
6. Fold in dried fruit & nuts. Set aside a handful to garnish on top.
7. Pour batter equally into loaf tins, garnish & bake for 40 minutes or until firm & golden.
8. Remove from oven & baste over with apricot jam.
9. Allow to cool, seal with cling film & store in a cool dry place or in a container.
10. Place in fridge to last up to a week.
INFO / TIPS / CREDITS
Create a colourful & delectable splendour with this easy & delicious fruit loaf. Your guests will be asking for more! Enjoy with a hot cup of herbal tea in the summer.
This recipe can be easily doubled.