Courtesy from my sister in law Nasreen Omar
1. Dry ingredients:
1 cup flour
½ cup sugar
½ cup dark cocoa
2 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Sift the above.
2. Wet ingredients:
4 egg yolks
½ cup oil
½ cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Mix the above & add to dry ingredients.
Beat egg whites separately & fold into mixture.
3. Pouring sauce:
¾ tin evaporated milk
½ cup sugar
Heat in microwave & stir well to dissolve sugar.
4. Chocolate ganache sauce:
200g dark chocolate
¼ tin evaporated milk
Heat in microwave at 30 sec increments to prevent over heating the chocolate. Mix well until chocolate has fully melted. Becomes a ganache.
1. Sift dry ingredients no. 1.
2. Mix into wet ingredients no. 2.
3. Then beat egg whites seperately until stiff & fold into batter. Bake on 170 deg. for 25 minutes until cake rises & fully baked.
4. Place ingredients no. 3 into a heat proof bowl. Heat milk & sugar in microwave until sugar is dissolved. Don’t boil milk. Pour over baked brownie cake & allow to soak.
5. Place ingredients no. 4 into a heat proof bowl & heat at 30 sec increments. Stir until chocolate has fully melted. Pour chocolate ganache over brownie cake & allow to cool.
6. Decorate with crushed Ferrero Rocher chocolates.
7. Serve with fresh cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
INFO & TIPS
This is a sweet & decadent crowd pleaser of note! This recipe never fails & it makes for quite a decent serving. It’s so easy, flop proof & fun to prepare, ideal to impress your friends/families at high teas, bridal showers or just simply perfect for just about any occasion.