Choc-Chip Bagels with Choc Cream Cheese Frosting & Berries
Rec cred bagels: Cooking Connections
Rec amended cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
4 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ordinary sugar
1 packet instant yeast
2 tablespoon milk powder
1⁄2 cup choc-chips
1⁄2 cup warm milk
1⁄2 cup warm water
1⁄2 cup sunflower oil
125g butter (room temp.)
1 tub smooth plain Cream cheese (room temp.)
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
3-4 cups icing sugar
1-2 tablespoon milk (if too dry)
Blueberries & Strawberries
1. Sift dry ingredients for dough and add yeast.
2. Mix milk and water, then add oil to mixture.
3. Mixture should be luke warm.
4. Add mixture gradually to dry ingredients to form soft dough.
5. If still needed, may add little more warm water.
6. Leave dough to rise in warm place for 15min.
7. Roll out dough on floured surface. Cut dough with doughnut cutter.
8. Place on a greased baking tray few cms apart.
9. Leave to double in size, then brush with egg and push in a few choc-chips.
10. Bake in preheated oven at 180degC for 15min till golden.
11. Allow tp cool, then slice in half.
12. Beat butter & cream cheese till smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add in cocoa powder, beat in.
13. Add in sugar, beat in till piping consistency.
14. Spoon frosting into piping bag.
15. Pipe on half of bagel, decorate as desired. Serve with coffee/iced coffee.