Cream Scone Pies
Recipe cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
500g chicken fillet (cubed)
2 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon red masala
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon lemon pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 tablespoon mustard sauce
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
500ml fresh cream
2 cups self raising flour (or more, as needed)
Good pinch salt
Poppy seeds/ dried parsley/ sesame seeds
1. Heat oil in pot.
2. Marinate chicken in above and add to pot.
3. Cook till done & leave saucy.
4. Shred chicken and allow to cool.
5. Make a soft dough, roll out on floured surface.
6. Cut out shapes, one for top and one for bottom.
7. Spoon cooled filling into center.
8. Brush egg around the edge of dough.
9. Place over top piece of dough and seal.
10. Brush egg over and sprinkle poppy seeds.
11. Place in breheated oven at 180degC and bake till golden.
12. Serve with savoury dip.
Note: This can be made with mince or shredded steak as well. Can be placed in foil cups for easier handling.