Recipe credits : Maryam Vanker Poctiee credit : Maryam Vanker
1⁄2 cup ground almonds1 cup icing sugar-Process till very fine in food processor and siftSeperately 2 large egg whites(room temp) -Beat till a little foamy then increase speed 2 high and gradually add 5 tablespoon castor sugar..little at a time.-Beat till stiff peaks formNow, fold dry ingredients into egg whites..first half, add colour and essence (optional),mix well, then add rest of dry ingredients.-Using a spatula, fold in well***V imp- mixture must not b too thick and lumpy, mix more till it thins a bit, like flowing lava, but not runny!-Fill mixture in piping bag and cut hole. Pipe circles on baking sheet lined with baking paper or on mat -Knock baking sheet 3-4 times on counter top to remove air bubbles and settle mixture-Leave 2 stand 30-40 minutues till a skin forms.-Bake at 150 for about 15 minutues-Leave to cool-Sandwich together with coloured buttercream icing, nutella or chocolate..
Macaron Tips 101: 1. helps to draw circles about an inch in diameter using a bottle cap. Pipe your batter into the circles keeping within the drawing. This ensures uniform macarons and makes life easier when sandwiching.
2) before adding castor sugar get the egg whites to soft peaks stage first. I learnt this the hard way 😂
3) tap the tray a few times, helps to settle the batter and pop bubbles.
4) must allow it to stand 30mins at least. Mine needed baking for at least 18mins.
5) first batch I baked on the 3 level of the oven, second batch on the middle level. The lower level baked much better. I got crisp hardened shells perfectly.
6) allow to cool completely! Getting curios while the macarons are still warm get you broken shells 😁
I sandwiched with plain white chocolate because of a lack of time which was good, but a flavoured buttercream would'vanilla essence been better or NUTELLA.Chocolate ganache can also be used to sandwich together