@Zainub_Ismail (recipe & pic)
Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim
Yellow Rice:3-4 Cups rinsed Basmati white rice or long grain brown rice of your choice3-4 cloves1 teaspoon Jeera seeds (optional)Salt to taste1 tablespoon oilEnough water to cover rice for boiling Including steaming1 tablespoon tumeric powderA handful of small pink dhall (lentils) (optional)
1 grated onion1 grated tomatoe5-6 cloves¼ teaspoon chillie powderSalt to taste½ teaspoon rough red chillies½ teaspoon to 1 teaspoon tumeric powder (depending on how yellow you want your kurry)½ litre to 1 litre sourmilk/buttermilk (depending on how much kurry you want to make)3 tablespoon chana flour (or cake flour if allergic to chana flour)Fresh ground mint and coriander (1 tablespoon)1 teaspoon Aminas green chutney1 teaspoon Aminas dahi green masala1 tablespoon Aminas green masala½ cup water (or ¼ cup water and ¼ cup coconut milk optional)1 teaspoon jeera seeds and few curry leaves vagaar in 2tblsp oil till light brown
Pot Potatoes: ½ big or 1 small onion sliced1 teaspoon jeera seeds1 tablespoon oil1 teaspoon mustards seeds (optional)Some curry leaves½ teaspoon rough red chillies½ teaspoon chillie powder½ teaspoon tumeric powder½ teaspoon jeera powder5-6 potatoes slicedLittle water to cook and steam potatoesChopped fresh coriander for garnish(Optional - can slice potatoes, add in masala you prefer, mix and then fry in oil till golden and crispy, yummy)
Spinach:½ bunch spinached cleaned and cut or ½ kg frozen spinach (use whole bunch and 1 kg if cooking for more than 4 people)1 dry red chillie or fresh red chillie1 teaspoon fresh ground garlic½ sliced onion1 tablespoon oil1 teaspoon jeera seedsChopped tomatoeSalt to taste½ teaspoon chillie powder
Fried Brinjal:3-4 brinjals sliced and left in water to prevent blackening 2 tablespoon chana flour2 tablespoon flour½ teaspoon rough red chilliesSalt to taste ¼ teaspoon jeera powder¼ teaspoon tumeric powderEnough water to make a thick batter
- Boil and steam the rice till fluffy
- Mix all the kurry ingredients in a pot and whisk till incorporated. Add in jeera seeds, curry leave and oil vagaar. Keep stirring the kurry with a spoon on medium heat till comes to a boil, once boiled remove from heat. (Ensure you keep stirring throughout otherwise the kurry will curdle due to the sourmilk)
- For the potatoes saute the onion, oil, jeera seeds, curry leaves and mustard seeds. Add in potatoe and remaining spices, cover with ½ cup water or enough water to cook and steam the potatoesOnce done sprinkle on chopped dhanya/coriander
- For the spinach saute the onion, red chillie, oil, garlic and jeera seeds. Add in spinach, chopped tomatoe, salt and chillie powder and steam till spinach wilted and done.
- Dip the brinjals in the batter and fry till golden (optional can dip long green chillie peppers, with seeds removed, in batter and fry)
INFO & TIPS
Enjoy :)...Fried masala fish, tuna fish curry, prawn curry/grilled prawns, tin fish chutney, saucy/grilled chicken of your choice, steak curry, t-bone or chops curry/grilled, dry jinga curry
Want to see your advert here ? find out how to advertise with us.