Makes 1 roll
4 extra-large eggs, separated
125 ml (105 g) castor sugar
60 ml (35 g) self-raising flour
60 ml (25 g) cocoa powder
castor sugar for rolling
125 ml fresh cream
30 ml castor sugar
1 medium peppermint crisp chocolate, grated
1. Beat egg yolks and castor sugar together until
light and creamy.
2. Sift flour and cocoa powder together. Fold
into egg yolk mixture.
3. Beat egg whites until medium soft peak
stage and fold into egg yolk mixture.
4. Turn out into a greased and lined swiss roll
pan of 23 x 32 cm. Bake in a preheated oven at
180 °C for 10 – 12 minutes.
5. Turn out onto a damp tea towel sprinkled with
castor sugar. Remove greaseproof paper and
trim edges to ensure rolling without breaking.
Carefully roll it up, using the tea towel (from the
short side). Leave it for about 5 minutes, then
unroll and leave it to cool further.
6. Filling: Whip cream and sugar together until
thickened. Spread over the swiss roll and
sprinkle peppermint crisp over it. Roll up
INFO / TIPS
By ReyHana Sayed on fb