200 g rice vermicelli
4 free-range eggs, beaten
250 g chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and cut into strips
2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander, ground
1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric, ground
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
7 spring onions, finely chopped
100 g bean sprouts
230 g small prawns, cooked and shelled
170 ml chicken stock
1 to 2 fresh red chillies, finely chopped
1. Soak the noodles in hot water for 5 minutes, then drain well. Heat a wok over a high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of peanut oil and, when hot, add the eggs to make an omelette. When set, remove and cool, then roll up and slice thinly.
2. Rub the chicken strips with the spices. Re-heat the wok and add 2 more tablespoon of peanut oil.
3. When hot, stir in the spiced chicken, garlic, 6 chopped spring onions, bean sprouts and salt to taste. Stir-fry until the chicken is cooked, but moist.
4. Stir in the prawns, then the chicken stock and drained noodles. Allow to heat through. If necessary, add more stock to loosen the noodles.
5. To serve, top with omelette strips and sprinkle with chopped chillies and the remaining chopped spring onion. Add soy sauce to taste.