• 2 puff pastry sheets
• 150 grams sanding sugar
• 2 eggs yolks
• 3 tablespoons water
• 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
• ⅓ cup sugar
• 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
• 4 oz Cool Whip, thawed
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 32 Raspberries
• Cream Horn Moulds
• Parchment Paper
1. Turn oven to 425 F. Line an 18 x 12 baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Use a pizza cutter to cut thawed pastry sheets into 16 strips (8 strips from each sheet ).
3. Wrap each strip around the cream horn mold, overlapping a little bit with each round.
4. Place the mold, end of the strip side down.
5. Wisk the egg yolk and the water together.
6. Brush each cream horn with egg yolk mixture. Sprinkle or roll in the sanding sugar. Place on paper towel, allowing access egg wash to be absorbed.
7. Transfer to parchment paper.
8. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through baking.
9. Allow the shells to cool. Remove the mold.
1. With a mixer fitted with the whip attachment, cream the cream cheese & sugar until smooth and creamy (no lumps), 3-4 minutes.
2. Add vanilla extract & heavy cream. Continue whipping (increasing the speed as the cream thickens) until increased in volume and thick, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the Cool Whip and carefully fold it in with a spoon or spatula.
4. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip (or use a Ziplock bag), with cream, by draping it over a glass.
5. Fill each cream horn half way, insert 1 raspberry and fill the remaining half. Finish with 1 more raspberry on top.
6. Serve right away, or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve
INFO & TIPS
Got this from the net.