Saffron Cream Sauce
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taugt_me_well
2 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
1 shallot (sliced fine- optional)
1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoon ground almonds
1 teaspoon saffron strands
1⁄4 cup hot water
2 drops saffron essence
250ml fresh cream
1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
Pinch Elachi (cardomom) powder.
1. Heat ghee (Clarified butter) in a sauce pan.
2. Add shallot & garlic, fry till soft.
3. Add saffron, essence and water and cook till water has reduced.
4. Add cream, ground almonds, Elachi (cardomom), salt and pepper.
5. Simmer, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
Serve with chicken/ kebabs/ lamb chops.
Garnish with few saffron strands and toasted almond slivers/ dried parsley.