Instead of yoghurt you can use coconut milk/ cream or sour milk. I prefer coconut cream.
1. Wash and cut chicken in small pieces.
2. Take a bowl mix chillie powder, pepper powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, garam masala, ginger garlic paste, yogurt and form a paste. ~>Add the chicken pieces to this and rub the masala on the chicken. ~>Let this marinate for at least an hour or more in the refrigerator.
3. Now heat oil in a kadai/pot braise onions. *Keep aside half the amount of onions and saute the chicken. Cover and cook it until it is thoroughly cooked.
4. Open the lid and grill in oven or fry on medium high flame for about 5 minutes or until all the water evaporates.
5. On the stove add the already braised onions in to the kadai along with chopped shallot and corriander and a little more yoghurt and saute. Grill for another 2 minutes.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves, split chillies and lemon or tomato slices.
*picture @ dahlia.
INFO & TIPS
Always begin with Allah Ta'ala's name, and Insha'Allah your meal will have more Barakah. Aameen.
~ This can be served with biriyani,
curd rice, chapatti.
~ The juice of one lemon can be
poured on top to enhance
Enjoy:) Please let me know what you think. Fi amaanillah