Peppermint Chocolate Shortbread
Recipe credit: Ruhana Ebrahim
Picture credit: @mama_taught_me_well
½ cup castor sugar,
1 teaspoon peppermint essence,
± 1 cup flour,
3 tablespoon cocoa powder,
1 slab mint crisp slab (grated),
Peppermint popping candy.
1. Cream the butter and castor sugar till pale and fluffy, then add the essence.
2. Blend in flour, cocoa powder and grated chocolate.
3. Form into small balls.
4. Bake at 160 °C for 10-15 minutes.
5. Allow them to cool and harden.
6. Dip in melted baking chocolate. The. Sprinkle on popping candy.