Recipe credit: ruhana ebrahim
Picture credit: @mama_taught_me_well
•1kg chicken fillet (cubed)•ghee (Clarified butter)/oil•1-2 tablespoon green chillies•1 ½ teaspoon salt•1 teaspoon white pepper •1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin)•2 tablespoon lemon juice•1 tablespoon trim•1 tablespoon mustard sauce•2 cups frozen mixed veggies •Fatima's samoosa pur•water & flour- glue
1. Cook chicken with oil, chillies, lemon juice and spices.
2. When chicken is halfway done add veggies.
3. When water is almost burnt out, add sauces.
4. Heat through and cook away any liquid and remove from stove.
5. Allow filling to cool and then fill samoosas, sealing with lai.
6. Deep freeze in airtight container and fry in medium oil on medium heat, when needed.
How to fold the pur:
1. Face the pur longwards.
2. Put a dessert spoon on filling at the end closest to you.
3. Tuck the corner of pur over the filling, making a triangle.
4. Hold the point of that fold and roll over to the next side creating a cone shape and a pocket to fill more filling.
5. Snuggly fold over to the other side forming a triangle again. Continue until the end of pur.
6. Seal by brushing on some lai (paste) and seal the samoosa.