Ginger Nuts edited to be lotus biscuits
Recipe credits ... @bbayesha
250g soft butter -room temperature (used French butter)
2 cups castor sugar
3 tablespoon golden syrup
*2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
*3 teaspoon ginger powder I used 1 teaspoon but will use 1 and a half
*2 teaspoon cinnamon powder I used 3 teaspoon
*1/ 2 teaspoon clove powder
4 cups self raising flour
1. Cream butter and sugar till cream in colour.
2. Add egg and beat well. Add golden syrup.
3. Add * ingredients.
4. Add three quarter of flour to butter mixture to make a soft but firm dough. If desired consistency is not reached, add remaining flour, little at a time. If too much of flour is added, soften with little water.
5. Roll out into ping pong balls. +- 12g each (I rolled the dough between 2 sheets of plastic and cut into rectangles )
6. Place on a greased pan, leaving space to spread.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 for 12 - 15mins till caramel in colour. (Baked at 180 because it's much thinner for 8-10 minutes )
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5mins on baking tray.
9. Roll into castor sugar. (I wouldn't do this the next time)
10. Allow to cool well before storaging in an airtight bottle.
INFO / TIPS / CREDITS
all changes are written in, to make the original biscuits just ignore all my side notes :)