Mock Cheddamelt Schnitzels
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
4-5 large chicken breasts
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon White pepper
2 tablespoon Lemon juice
1 teaspoon Garlic paste
Breadcrumbs/ cornflake crumbs (as needed)
1 teaspoon Dried mixed herbs
1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Onion salt
Beaten egg (as needed)
2 pkts Cheddamelt sauce
Butter and salt
1. Flatten fillets between baking paper. If do not want fillets too big, then do not flatten but slice chicken (lengthwise) in half.
2. Season by rubbing salt, pepper, lemon juice and garlic on.
3. Leave aside for 10 minutues in fridge.
4. Mix cayenne, onion salt and herbs into crumbs.
5. Remove chicken from fridge, then dip in beaten egg, then crumbs.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 180degC until golden on either side and cooked through.
7. Place on chicken sliced cheese and heated cheddamelt sauce.
8. Serve with baked potato (seasoned with butter, salt and pepper).