Garlic Cheese Breadsticks
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
Rec cred: adapted from diethood.com
2-1⁄2 cups cake flour (sifted)
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
+/- 3⁄4 cup water
1 tablespoon oil
1⁄2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1. Preheat oven to 200 degC.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray; set aside.
3. In a bowl combine flour, cheese, baking powder and salt; set aside.
4. Combine water and oil in a separate bowl. Slowly add water mixture to the flour mixture.
5. Bind with your hands until dough forms a ball; dough should be soft, but not sticky.
6. Add more water if it's too dry, 1 tablespoon at a time. If it's too sticky, add more flour.
7. Lightly flour work surface and knead dough for few minutes.Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a rectangle; long end should be rolled out to 36cm.
8. Using a pizza cutter, cut out 12x 3cm strips, then divide each strip into 3 without cutting the top end.
9. Plait dough gently, sealing ends by pressing down, and brush with butter and sprikle poppy seeds.
10. Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 10-15minutes, or until lightly golden on top.