1 fresh leg of lamb, washed & ready to use
If frozen, thaw out completely before prepping.
In a small mixing bowl place the ffg:
2 teaspoon fresh ground plain garlic
2 teaspoon fresh ground plain ginger
60 ml olive oil
2 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoon milled black pepper
2 teaspoon milled Himalayan/plain salt
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1 teaspoon whole clove
4 star anis pods
1 large red onion chopped into half & then each half into 4 quarters / 6 baby onions
1 large orange / 2 small oranges
1. Half a bunch of finely chopped spring onion.
2. Half a bunch of finely chopped mint.
3. A few sprigs of fresh rosemary.
4. Butter for dabbing.
1. Place leg of lamb in a roasting dish.
2. Pierce & slit at the top & around all sides.
3. Combine the marinade ingredients together & pour over the leg of lamb ensuring all areas are covered as well as underneath.
4. Stick the whole peppercon & star anis pods into the slits.
5. Place onions all around the base.
6. Cut oranges into half, squeeze the orange juice all over the leg of lamb. Then cut them into quarters & place the orange peels all around the base of leg.
1. Sprinkle chopped herbs all over leg of lamb.
2. Place blobs of butter all over.
3. Close the roasting pan & place into the fridge overnight to soak.
1. Set the oven to 200'C.
2. Place roasting pan into centre of the oven.
3. Set your timer to 3 hours.
4. Roast until tender & meat it melting off the bone. Check the roast at every 1⁄2 hour intervals.
5. Use the left over juice or sauce from the roast to throw over before serving.
INFO / TIPS
My personal favourite & makes quite the table centre piece on Eid Day or any special occasion.