FRESH BEANS IN COCONUT SAUCE
Rec cred: @sheilamahomedrehman
(Amended recipe- Ruhana Ebrahim)
2 cups boiled white fresh beans
1 large onion (sliced)
1⁄2 teaspoon Jeeru (Cumin) seeds
2 pieces taj (cinnamon sticks)
2 tablespoon oil
3 large tomatoes (chopped)
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1⁄2 teaspoon ginger paste
1⁄2 tablespoon red ginger garlc masala
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1 1⁄2 teaspoon Portuguese chicken spice
2 tablespoon tomato sauce
1⁄2 cup coconut cream
Good pinch saffron threads
2 tablespoon lemon juice
Fresh dhania (coriander) (to garnish)
1. Boil beans in water until soft, drain and leave aside.
2. In a pot, add oil taj, Jeeru (Cumin) and onions.
3. Braise until lightly golden, add the tomatoes, garlic, ginger, the spices and masala.
4. Let it cook on low until the tomatoes are softened, add tomato sauce, 1⁄2 cup water and cooked beans.
5. Cook until water has reduced, then add coconut cream.
6. Cook until sauce thickens.
7. Drizzle with lemon juice, stir and garnish with fresh dhania (coriander).