Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 red pepper
4 large tomatoes (liquidized)
½ red onion (sliced)
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
1 teaspoon chilli powder
For the ratatouille:
2 large zucchini
1 ½ red onions
Few thyme sprigs
Robertson's veggie spice
1. Liquidize tomatoes with red pepper.
2. Heat oil in a pan, saute onion until softened.
3. Add tomatoes, garlic, sugar, spices and herbs.
4. Cook until thickened and oil has come to surface.
5. Spoon tomato sauce evenly into an oven proof casserole dish.
6. For the veg, start by slicing zucchini, eggplant, red onions and tomatoes into even thin slices and set aside.
7. The key is to purchase veg that are around the same size, so when sliced it sits well and cooks evenly.
8. Arrange one slice of each vegetable in the dish and continue until the casserole dish is full.
9. To make things easier, stack the veggie slices in your hand then layer them into the dish.
10. Season with veggie spice on top and a swirl of oil. Place on sprigs of thyme.
11. Bake in preheated oven at 180degC for 30-45 minutues or until veggies are tender and the sauce is gently bubbling on the sides.
12. Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutues, then serve.