Recipe Cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
250g Stork to Bake
1⁄2 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
2 extra large egg
4 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 cup maizena (corn flour)
3 1⁄2 cups flour
2/3 small tin apricot jam
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Add vanilla and beat in.
3. Add eggs and beat in.
4. Add salt, baking powder and maizena (corn flour) and beat in.
5. Sift flour and add as needed, binding dough by hand.
6. Grease a cookie tray.
7. Preheat oven to 180degC.
8. Evenly press 2/3 of dough into tray and poke all over with a fork.
9. Beat jam till smooth.
10. Spoon evenly onto dough.
11. With remainder 1⁄3 dough, grate dough all over.
12. Bake for 30min or until golden brown ontop.
13. Whilst warm cut into squares.
14. Allow to cool a little, then lift from tray and cool further.
15. Dust with icing sugar and store in airtight container.
Note: jam of choice can be used.
Slms my sister!jazak for a delicious recipe,my hubby doesn't like this biscuit but after eating this he said it's so tasty.didn't have stork used margarine.
Once again a terrific recipe.