Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 liter milk
1 big tin Nestle dessert cream
Condensed milk (to taste)
1 teaspoon Elachi (cardomom) powder
½ cup sago
1 cup broken vermicelli
2 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
Few drops rose essence/ rose water
Handful chopped pistachios
1. Soak sago till puffed up.
2. Heat ghee (Clarified butter), braise vermicelli till pink.
2. Add milk and simmer till cooked.
3. Add cream, Elachi (cardomom) and condensed milk.
4. Allow to heat through, add sago, rose essence and pistachios.
5. Bring to slight boil and remove from heat.
Note: if you would like it thicker, add 2 teaspoon maizena (corn flour) to cold milk and mix in. Bring to heat and will thicken