Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 tablespoon tookmooria /sabja seeds (soaked in water)
1 cup broken thick vermicelli
1 liter full cream milk
1 liter vanilla ice cream
1 teaspoon Elachi (cardomom) powder
2-3 tablespoon rose syrup
½ cup water
2 tablespoon sugar
2-3 drops red food colouring
1 teaspoon falooda powder
1. Bring jelly water to heat with sugar and coloring. Add falooda powder and bring to boil.
2. Pour into glass bowl and set in fridge. Jelly must set quite hard.
3. Soak seeds in water till swollen.
4. Braise vermicelli in 1 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter) till lightly browned. Add ½ cup water and 1 tablespoon sugar and cook till softened.
5. Place milk in freezer till slushy.
6. Blend milk with ice-cream, Elachi (cardomom) powder and rose syrup.
7. Grate jelly on rough side.
8. Spoon into bottom of glass with some soaked seeds and some cooked vermicelli.
9. Pour over milkshake.
10. Decorate with some grated jelly & pistachios.
Note: may mix altogether in a serving jug. Stir before serving