Homemade Peanut Brittle
Rec cred: hullets sugar
Pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim, @mama_taught_me_well
1 ⅓ cups Huletts White Sugar
½ cup Huletts Golden Syrup
1 cup Boiling Water
1 ½ cups Salted Peanuts
1. Over a gentle heat, stir the margarine, sugar, syrup and water together in a pot until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Turn up the heat and, without stirring, boil the mixture for half an hour. 3. To test if ready, drop a little of the mixture in cold water.
4. If it is ready it will set hard and crack when broken.
5. Remove the pot from the stove and stir in the nuts.
6. Pour into a greased tin (roughly 20 cm x 20 cm) and allow to set.
7. Break into pieces when hard and store in a jar.
Note: took less than half hour for mine to reach right stage. I added a pinch of salt and I used a greased silicone mat to set brittle on.