Buffalo Chicken Macon Fries Casserole
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
•1kg chicken fillet (stripped)
•1 ½ teaspoon of salt,
•½ teaspoon white pepper,
•1½ teaspoon chilli powder,
•1 tablespoon tomato sauce,
•1 tablespoon oil,
•1 cup self raising flour.
BBQ basting Sauce:
(prepare while cooking chicken)
•4 tablespoon butter,
•1 tablespoon honey,
•4 tablespoon tomato sauce,
•¼ cup water,
•2-3 tablespoon chilli sauce,
•½-1 teaspoon chilli powder
•1 tablespoon ground garlic
•1 tablespoon lemon juice
•salt (to taste).
Potatoes (cut in fries/chips)
United Butchery's Macon (chopped)
Grated gouda cheese
Grated mozzarella cheese
1. Marinate chicken in spices, oil and sauce for 1hr.
2. Preheat your oven at 180 °C.
3. Take a big plastic bag, add flour in it. Drop the strips into bag in 2-3 batches, and shake until the flour coats all the strips perfectly.
4. Remove the strips and place them on a greased tray. Lightly drizzle oil.
5. Bake for ± 15 minutes, then turn strips over. Put them back in the oven and bake for another ± 15-20 minutes.
6. Fry the macon and chips and leave aside.
7. To make sauce, heat butter, add garlic and braise until fragrant.
8. Add all the other ingredients and simmer until thick and saucy.
9. Once chicken is ready, toss them in the basting sauce and then spread out in the tray again.
10. Spread chips, macon, sprinkle cheeses and sprinkle more macon.
11. Bake in oven till cheese is melted and then garnish with chopped chives. Serve immediately.