Roasted Butternut Red Onion Steak Salad
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
2x 400g Checkers packet Butternut cubes
1 red onion (cut into quarters)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
¼ teaspoon rough red chillies
2 tablespoon oil
4 tablespoon tamarind chutney
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
250g cooked masala steak (stripped)
1 avocado (diced)
Frilly lettuce/ rocket leaves
4-5 peppadews (chopped)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Place the butternut chunks on a greased oven tray.
3. Drizzle with oil and spices and cook for 30min.
4. Add the balsamic vinegar and tamarind chutney and turn the butternut. Then add red onion.
5. Cook till butternut is tender and the balsamic has reduced.
6. Turn again and leave to cool.
7. Layer down frilly lettuce/ rocket leaves.
8. Then place on butternut & onion.
9. Cut avocado and toss immediately with a dash of lemon juice.
10. Then place over avocado, feta, peppadews and stripped steak. Enjoy it at room temperature.
Note: Masala steak recipe was previously posted.