1. If using a whole fish, clean the fish properly removing scales & fins.
2. Score the fish all over.
3. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl (using only half of lemon juice) and smear all over fish and stuff into scores.
4. Fill a big sized wok with oil and heat. Deep fry fish till fleah has firmed.
5. If using fillets, smear on marinade and fry in a pan of shallow oil till flesh has firmed.
6. Before serving drizzle on remainder lemon juice.
7. Serve with baby spinach aubergine salad and some couscous.
Note: I used fresh hake fillets. Not a whole fish.