Marakesh Fried Fish
A.k.a Morrocan Spiced Fried White Fish
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1kg white fish (whole/fillets)
1 lemon (juiced)
2 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon ground ginger
Moroccan Spice mix
Moroccan Spice Mix:
2 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
½ teaspoon clove powder
¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
1 teaspoon paprika powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. If using a whole fish, clean the fish properly removing scales & fins.
2. Score the fish all over.
3. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl (using only half of lemon juice) and smear all over fish and stuff into scores.
4. Fill a big sized wok with oil and heat. Deep fry fish till fleah has firmed.
5. If using fillets, smear on marinade and fry in a pan of shallow oil till flesh has firmed.
6. Before serving drizzle on remainder lemon juice.
7. Serve with baby spinach aubergine salad and some couscous.
Note: I used fresh hake fillets. Not a whole fish.