2 avocados diced (tossed in lemon juice immediately)
2 naartjies (segmented, cut in halves)
130g Checkers frilly lettuce (torn into smaller pieces)
2 cucumbers (sliced in ribbons)
Caramelized pecan nuts (store bought)
1⁄2 cup sour cream
1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
1⁄2 cup honey
Juice of 1 naartjie
1. Make sure to toss avocado in a little lemon juice so it does not oxidize and brown.
2. Mix dressings separately.
3. Toss all ingredients together, besides nuts.
4. May place salad in a large serving bowl and place dollops of sour cream dressing over. Garnish with caramelized nuts.
5. Serve honey dressing on the side.
My individual plating:
I use a ring mould, spoon down sour cream dressing. Then top with avocadoes & nuts.
I wrap a ribbon of cucumber around and skewer it closed.
I top with a small bunch of frilly lettuce.
Decorate the plate with naartjie segments and coiled cucumber ribbons.
Serve honey dressing on the side.