300g potatoes, cooked and mashed
2 egg yolks
2.5ml each salt and ground pepper
30g (30ml) Stork margarine
10g (20ml) cornflour
50g (80ml) flour, seasoned with salt and pepper (and spice of your choice like red pepper flakes/chillie powder/cajun spice)
2 eggs beaten
150g cornflakes, crushed
30g (25ml) nibbed almonds, lightly toasted
1. Mash the potato finely and keep cold.
2. Add the egg yolks, salt, pepper, margarine, and cornflour
3. Form into small croquette (or ball) shapes and place in the fridge on a wire rack to chill.
4. When chilled, dust with flour, dip into beaten egg, and then coat with the cornflakes mixed with almonds.
5. Heat the oil and when hot, gently fry the croquettes until golden brown, and then turn to brown on both sides.
6. Drain on paper towel and serve immediately.
INFO / TIPS
Mixture can be a bit soft and tricky to work with so chilling potato helps.
Makes a great side dish - unique way to serve potatoes!
Recipe credit : Original stork margarine cook book