125g plain flour ½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon bicarb soda
... 125g caster sugar
Juice and zest of 2 lemons (unwaxed)
2 eggs, beaten
For the icing:
2 Egg whites
100g Castor sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 170. Place 12 paper cases
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and
3. In another bowl combine the sugar and butter –
whip round w/ metal spoon til smooth and creamy.
4. Add the juice and zest to sugar-Flora mix –
5. Add the eggs – stir to combine
6. Slowly add the flour, a bit at a time,
stirring carefully – don’t overmix!
7. Decant into cases (about half to two-thirds
full) and bake for 18-20 minutes til risen and
bounce back to the touch.
8. Leave in tray on top of oven for further 10
minutes before cooling out of tray on a wire rack