2kg mangoes and carrots (1kg mangoes & 1 kg carrots)
5-6 cloves garlic – finely chopped
chopped green chillies to taste
4-5 tabsp mustard powder
¾ cup oil
2 cups sugar
1 ½ cups water
½ cup maizena (corn flour)
2 cups white vinegar
fine red chillies to taste
salt to taste
½ cup Methi (Fenugreek) masala
¼ cup oil
3 teaspoon mustard seeds
3-4 sprigs limrie leaves
- Grate quarter of the mangoes and carrots, cut
the rest into suitable size pieces.
- Place mustard powder and oil in liquidizer
- Make a thick syrup with sugar and water, allow to
- Mix maizena (corn flour) with a little water and add to
vinegar which has been brought to a boil and stir
well to avoid lumps. Cook until thick.
- Process mustard powder, oil, syrup and maizena (corn flour)
mixture until smooth.
- Pour mixture over mangoes and carrots.
- Add garlic, green chillies, red chillies, salt
and Methi (Fenugreek) masala, mix all together.
- Make vagaar with oil, mustard seeds and limrie
leaves. Pour over achaar and mix well.
- Keep refrigerated.
INFO / TIPS / CREDITS
From Radio Islam i think..