Makes approx 9 scones
2 cups self-raising flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1⁄2 cup skim milk
1⁄2 cup thickened cream
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Beat egg and sugar together, add in milk and cream. Stir in sifted flour.
3. Knead dough onto flour dusted surface till dough has reached a smooth consistency.
4. Roll out dough approx 1-1.5 cm thick and cut out scones with a cutter or rim of a glass. Place on greased tray.
5. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove immediately, let cool and serve as desired.
INFO / TIPS
If the dough is too soft to handle, add extra flour till you can handle it. However do not make the dough stiff or rubbery.