Rec cred: Hajera Ebrahim (mum)
Pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
2 cups flour
4 teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup ordinary sugar
½ cup milk
1. Sift flour and baking powder.
2. Add in salt and sugar.
3. Rub in butter to make crumbs.
4. Beat egg, mix with milk.
5. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and bind into soft dough. Do not over work.
6. On a lightly floured surface roll dough out lighty to 2-3cm thick.
7. Cut with round cutter and place on oven tray.
8. Brush with beaten egg.
9. In a preheated oven at 180degC bake for +/-10min, or until risen and lightly golden.
10. Leave aside to cool and lightly dust with icing sugar.
Note: double the recipe for ordinary sized scones and double the height