4. Large eggs
1½ cups Sugar
1 teaspoon. Vanilla essence
½ cup. Cooking oil
½ cup. Cocoa powder
1 cup. Boiling water
2 cups. Self-raising flour
5ml. Baking powder
250g Plain milk chocolate ( melted in in double boiler)
2× 170g tins Nestlè dessert cream
Whipped cream for piping ( optional)
Sliced strawberries for decorating.
1. Preheat oven to 190٠C
2. Mix cocoa with boiling water until smooth & allow to cool.
3. Beat eggs till light. Add the sugar & beat further till light & creamy. Add vanilla essence & oil & beat well.
4. If cocoa mixture is cooled add it not to egg mixture & mix well.
5.Sift flour & baking powder in a separate bowl. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture & mix till smooth.
6. Grease a rectangular baking tin (37cm × 27cm × 5cm) with butter. Pour in the mixture & spread evenly.
7. Bake for 20mins or till ready.
8. Turn out onto a wire rack. Once cooled, transfer to a serving tray before decorating.
Mix melted chocolate with dessert cream till smooth & shiny. When the cake is completely cooled, spread a thick layer on top & sides of the cake.
If you want you can pipe whipped cream roses along the edges of the cake & in the centre, & decorate with sliced strawberries