250ml cake flour
5ml baking powder
4 extra-large eggs
15ml lemon juice or 15ml orange juice
whipped cream to fill swiss roll
Preheat oven to 200*C. Line a swiss roll baking
tin with greaseproof paper and spray and cook
the greaseproof paper.
• - Sift flour, baking powder, salt three
• - Whisk eggs and sugar in a bowl
until light and creamy. It must be very thick.
• - Add water and vanilla essence and
fold in dry ingredients with a metal spoon or
• - Pour into tin and bake for 12-15min
• - Have a damp tea cloth ready
sprinkled with castor sugar. Immediately turn
swiss roll onto tea towel. Trim edges and roll.
• - Allow to cool completely
• - Unroll swiss roll and spread with
• - Decorate as desired
Note: Never overbake a swiss roll as this results
in cracking during rolling. Speed is essential to
get an unbroken and evenly rolled cake.