Banana bread / Muffins – All variations
This is the easiest banana bread recipe. The batter can be used two ways, as a loaf or a banana mini cake with coffee toffee and maple cream as a dessert.
125g room temperature butter
1 cup Castor Sugar
3 over ripe bananas( peels must have some black on it)
1 ¾ cup cake flour
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon bicarb
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. For the Banana Loaf Preheat oven at 180 and grease a loaf pan.*you will need a 1L loaf pan
2. Beat butter and Castor Sugar until thick and pale. Add eggs and banana and blend until combined, then add flour , bicarb and salt. blend until smooth( don’t over beat)
3. Bake in a loaf pan for 55 minutues or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Maple butter cream
100g room temp butter
110g Castor Sugar
½ teaspoon Vanilla Essence
¼ cup Maple syrup
toasted pecans to garnish.
Beat butter and Castor Sugar in a bowl until thick and pale, and sugar has dissolved.
With the beater on slow speed, add Vanilla essence and 1 tablespoon of Maple syrup at a time. Allowing syrup to incorporate before adding another.
ice Banana Loaf and garnish with pecans.
* tip (iced / not iced) loaf must be wrapped in plastic(cling wrap) to keep it moist. you can freeze the loaf as well.*
Banana Muffin Dessert:
preheat oven at 200 degrees and grease a muffin / lamington pan.
bake for +- 10min , until skewer inserted comes out clean.
remove from oven and set aside on a wire rack to cool.
½ cup treacle sugar
¼ cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon coffee diluted with 2 tablespoon boiling water.
melt butter and sugar in a sauce pan on medium heat until mixture starts to bubble. pour in cream and coffee mixture( amount to suit your taste buds).
cook gently for about 2 minutes until slightly thickened. set aside in a bowl to cool.
Roasted banana topping -Ingredients
3 yellow peel bananas cut into 1.5cm dice
1 lemon juiced
2 tablespoon brown sugar.
1. toss diced bananas in lemon juice to coat.
2.melt butter with sugar in a saucepan. when foaming add banana and cook for about 2 minutes until they are soft and slightly slippery.
1. Heat muffin in a microwave for 30seconds. unless they are fresh from the oven.
2. in your dessert bowl or plate place 11/2 – 1 teaspoon of coffee toffee .
3. place muffin on top and a spoon of roasted bananas.
4. garnish with butter cream and pecans.
- yummy for breakfast