1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup cake flour
1⁄4 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Mix icing sugar and butter
2. Add egg white and mix
3. Add cake flour and mix
4. Separate batter into however many bowls you will be using for colouring
5. Colour the batter using gel colours
6. Place the coloured batter into piping bags
7. Place a sheet of lunch wrap in a flat tray and pipe polka dots on it
8. Place the polka dots in the freezer for 15mins
1. Whip eggs and sugar very well until light and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla essence
3. Sift flour into mixture and fold through lightly
4. Sprinkle baking powder over mixture and add the boiling water (this will cause a bubbling effect)
5. Fold the mixture gently until well combined
6. Remove polka dots from the freezer and pour the mixture over it
7. Bake in the oven on 180 degrees for approximately 15 minutes
8. Remove from oven and turn the swiss roll onto the back of another tray (the polka dots will now be on top). Slowly remove the lunch wrap.
9. Now turn the swiss roll onto a clean cloth (the polka dots will now be facing down).
10. Fill the swiss roll with any filling that you desire (I used fresh cream and strawberry jam)
11. Gently roll the swiss roll (the polka dots will now be facing outwards)